Jeff Riley Best Oral Presentation Scholarship
Heartbeat Perfusion Solutions believes perfusion students are not only a part of science and medicine progress but are also witness to certain recoveries that seem to be miracles.
Heartbeat Perfusion Solutions presented a $2000 Best oral presentation scholarship to Emily Behr at the 2022 Hoosier Extracorporeal Science Conference Annual Conference. This scholarship is in honor of our fellow perfusionist, Jeff Riley, who passed away on October 15, 2021, leaving a lasting legacy for our profession.
All applicants were perfusion students currently enrolled in a CAAHEP accredited perfusion school. Scholarship entrants submitted case reports summarizing unusual cases that they either observed or participated in during their clinical training. Case Report Presentations included the following:
- Title: State the title of your presentation
- Introduction: Briefly describe the case and how it pertains to perfusion practice
- Case Report: Include patient age, gender, and other pertinent demographics such as height, weight, and body surface area, brief medical history, extracorporeal equipment and circuitry, operative perfusion procedure, outcome, and follow-up (if available)
- Discussion: This may include the evolution of the technique, history and bibliographic references, expansion of alternative methods or results, problems, speculations, or future suggested approaches.
- Conclusion: The conclusion should summarize the main points
Awarded the Prestigious Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission for Healthcare Staffing Services
The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies over 21,000 healthcare organizations and programs in the US. The Joint Commission accreditation and certifications are recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s strong commitment to meeting rigorous performance standards. For more information about The Joint Commission, visit www.jointcommission.org.
Latest Perfusion Industry News
Everything from clinical news, medical device industry news, FDA announcements, and more! Your source for everything you need to know in the medical perfusion industry.